Entering 1st (choose 2):
1. First Grade, Here I Come by: Nancy Carlson ISBN: 9780670061273
2. The Listening Walk by: Paul Showers ISBN: 978-0064433228
3. Chrysanthemum by: Kevin Henkes ISBN: 978-0688147327
4. Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? ISBN: 978-0805047905 by: Bill Martin
1. Diary of a Worm- Teacher’s Pet , ISBN: 978-0-06-208704-1
2. Sammy the Seal by Syd Hoff ISBN: 0-06-444270-5
1. Mr. Popper’s Penguins by: Atwater ISBN: 978-0316058421
2. Freckle Juice by: Judy Blume ISBN: 978-1481411028
3. National Geographic For Kids: Thomas Edison ISBN: 978-1426314766
1. Because of Winn Dixie by: DiCamillo ISBN: 978-0763680862
2. Frindle by: Clements ISBN: 978-0689818769
3. Susanna of the Alamo: A True Story by: Jakes ISBN: 978-0152005924
1. The Tale of Despereaux by: DiCamillo ISBN: 9780439701679
2. Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by: Grace Lin ISBN: 978-0316038638
3. Those Rebels John and Tom by: Barbara Kerley ISBN: 9780545222686
1. King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table by Roger Lancelyn Green ISBN: 9780141321011
2. Ivanhoe ISBN: 1587172488
1. The Treasury of Greek Mythology: Classic Stories of Gods, Goddesses, Heroes & Monsters by Donna Jo Napoli ISBN: 1426308442
2. The Adventures of Odysseus by Hugh Lupton, Daniel Morden ISBN: 9781846864469
1. Beowulf: by Seamus Heaney ISBN: 978-0-393-33010-6
2. Usborne Illustrated Norse Myths by Alex Frith ISBN: 1409550729
Book Report– Type or handwrite a 1-3 page book report. Include the main idea, the main characters, theme, climax, and the resolution. Explain what you liked most about the book. Include a cover page.
Write the story from a different point of view – Rework/rewrite a chapter or section of a chapter as someone else would tell that story – from a different characters point of view. Type or handwrite 1-3 pages and include a cover page.
Design a Comic Strip– Employ your artistic ability to layout out important events in the story and include short dialogue or description with each image.
Journal– Keep a journal as you read. Handwrite your journal and date each entry. Include the introduction of characters and major events in the story.
Accelerated Reader Book Finder